Diversity and Corporate Social Responsibility are two merged policies with certain values that we believe in. We want to be part of the solution and we have every intention in promoting these values.Madalin Neacsu, Founder of Art à Vanilla
Art a Vanilla strongly supports diversity not only in music styles but also in individual differences. Talent will always be valued no matter the individual’s background, ethnicity, religious beliefs, race, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs, socio-economic status and/or other ideologies.
What we do about it:
Since our business is art based and although measuring art performance is more of a personal preference, we scout thru the available talented people, we give equal opportunities and choose artists with diversity in mind. We will never refuse a talented individual or group based on their beliefs or social differences.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Working with, and for artists, helps Art a Vanilla music record label to contribute to society in the most effective way. We engage in resolving issues where we believe our work can have a significant impact. That includes and is not limited to, charity events and workshops, philanthropy/sponsorship, environment and sustainability, etc.
As mentioned above, we would like to be part of the solution and sustainability and environmental are two important subjects that we picked and we are ready to promote it.
What we do about it:
- Print only if it is required;
- If printing is necessarily, make sure you choose the right printer, the right number of pages, the right number of copies and print on both sides.
- Where only one side of a page has been used, try to re-use the page for other notes, other printings such as one page only.
- Consider using email instead of printing and delivering.
- Have recycle bins for paper, cardboard and plastic around our offices.
- When purchasing a new electric or electronic equipment consider buying good energy rated products.
- When new light fittings must be installed, consider the LED version.
- Turn off the lights when leaving the studio/office if no one else are using the area at that time.
- Turn off taps when not in use.
- When replacing taps, consider purchasing the flow regulated taps for toilets.
- Energy consumption will be monitored on monthly basis to detect patterns and identify options
- Save your documents before leaving the studio and shut down the computers.
Have appropriate recycling bins, in line with the local authority guidance:
- mixed paper and cardboard
- mixed glass bottles and jars
- food tins and drink cans
- aerosols and foil
- household plastic packaging, including clean plastic bottles, pots, tubs and trays
- food and drink containers (eg Tetra Pak)
Item NOT for Recycling Bin:
- food waste
- plastic bags
- black bags
- expanded polystyrene packaging
- small items of furniture
Dispose of thru a certified contractor:
- Fluorescent Light Bulbs
- Electrical Equipment (PCs)
Transport & Deliveries:
- When ordering, group items to minimize the need of multiple transports;
- When stocking of certain materials, try buying in bulk where possible, to avoid multiple deliveries;
- Where appropriate, we encourage artists to bike, walk or use public transport towards our studio, rather then using petrol-based cars.